1. Sun is a star, moon is a satellite and Rahu & Ketu are more nodes. Why all of them are treated as planets ?
Ancient sages were aware of these facts. That is why they coined the word 'Grahas' which generally mean 'Celestial Objects', other than stars.
2. What are the reasons for the Indian Astrologers using non-existing Moon's nodes in preference of the existing planets Pluto, Neptune and Uranus ?
The gravitational forces of these planets are not strong enough to affect living beings on our earth. On the other hand, moon's nodes have proved effective despite being mere elliptical points in the path of Sun and Moon.
3. What is the basic difference between Indian Astrology and Western Astrology ?
While the Sun is the basis for Western Astrology, the Moon is the basis for the Indian Astrology.
4. Does the commencement and concluding time of 'Rahu kalam' vary from place to place ?
Yes. Most astrologers are unaware of the fact that the commencement of Rahukalam or the Yamakantam is determined by the sunrise of that particular place. Therefore, if the Rahukalam is between 4.30 to 6.00 PM in Chennai, it will be between 4.42 and 6.12 PM in Bangalore and between 5.24 and 7.00 PM in Mumbai.
5. In the North, marriages are celebrated during night, where as in the South, the same is performed in the morning hours. Which is correct ?
Venus the Significator of marriage
is strong during night and Sun the Destroyer
of marriage is strong during the day. Therefore, the practice
followed in the north is correct.
6. Is Muhurtham so important for marriage ?
Yes. The treatise says that a good Muhurtham can nullify
any negativity existing in the compatibility.
7. Will all the Muhurthams listed in the Almanacs suit all ?
No. The suitability depends largely on the birth chart
of the individual and the nature of the occasion.
8. What is the role of Yogas in Muhurthams ?
It is as important as any other factors like Stars
and Thithis in Muhurthams. While a good yoga can nullify
malefic factors, a malefic yoga may destroy
9. Will it be enough, if we check only 'Gunas' (Gootas'), forcompatibility in marriage ?
No. 'Gunas' or 'Gootas' are mere
grading in star aspects (Nakchatra porutham).
This is not sufficient for compatibility for comprehensive checking.
It is important to check the planetary compatibility (Jathaka
porutham) as well. While the former accounts for acceptability
the latter accounts for sustainability.
10. Are there any exemptions for Kuja (Manglik) Dosha ?
Yes. There are several exemptions prescribed in the texts like 'Deva
keralam'. Most astrologers blindly ignore them and
in the process ruin the prospects of numerous spirants.
11. Will Kuja or Rajju dosha cause the death of the partner ?
No. Since the longevity of a person depends solely
on the strength or weakness of his own horoscope.
12. They say Moolam is bad for the Father-in-law and Ashelesa is bad for the Mother-in-law. Is it true ?
No. There are scores of such in-laws are happy
13. Is 'Sarpa dosha' different from Kaala Sarpa dosha ? Are there any remedies ?
Yes. There are several remedies for Sarpa dosha.
Astrology calls Kala Sarpa dosha as a 'Yoga' since
this yoga makes a native to struggle up to the age of 32,
only to enhance his life's comforts after that. Therefore, there is
no need for any remedy and even, if any, will have
14. Is Poorva Karma true?
Yes. Otherwise you would not have born in this world.
15. Are the gemstones effective remedies ?
Yes. Provided they are properly and appropriately
cleansed and energized.
16. Is there any thing called lucky stone ?
No. Astrology does not believe in luck. Stones are
like medicine and should be treated as such.
17. Can a priest or an Astrologer energize the stones or carry out remedial prayers on behalf of a native ?
No. Since afflictions are due to one's own 'Poorva Karma',
no one else can substitute for him.
18. Is Numerlogy as effective as Astrology ?
No. It is mind limited to vibrational
effects of positive, negative and neutral numbers.
19. Is number eight a bad number ?
No. Not in all cases although it is called 'fatalistic'
number. However, when it is a running number in a family it's negativity
20. Is it correct to read left palm for women and right palm for men ?
No. It is the same for men or women.
21. Do the lines change in hands ?
Yes. That is why predictions are effective only
upto eight years.
22. Some people are happy despite living in houses with out Vaasthu compliance. Does it mean Vaastu is simpley a misnomer ?
No. There may not be any visible effect if the native
is going through favourable planetary movement. It
may come alive once the position changes.
23. What is the difference between Vaasthu and Feng-shui ?
Feng-shui is also as old as Vaasthu
and based on the same five elements
with some variation.
|2007 Copyright © Jyodhisham|